Whole School Evaluation
St. Muredach's College recently underwent a Whole School Evaluation by The Department of Education, This is a synopsis of that report done by the School Development Planning Initiative (SDPI). The full report can be accessed on the Department website.
Mission Vision Aims
- Mission: Why is the school in existence?
- Vision: Where are you going as a school? What is your desired future?
- Aims: How will this future be achieved? What aims/goals do you need to identify?
Framework of WSE Report
- Quality of School Management
- Quality of School Planning
- Quality of Curriculum Provision
- Quality of Teaching and Learning
- Quality of Student Support
WSE Report February 2008: Quality of School Management
- The staff at the College ‘expects the best of and for’ the students in their care.
- …events acknowledging students’ successes are to be commended…
- The school's admission policy is open and inclusive and supports the principles of equality for all students…
Quality of School Management Board of Management
- Trustee is putting formal reporting procedures in place between the board and the trustee
- Decisions are reached through consensus that reflects a collaborative and fair approach
- The board is engaged in policy development
- Parents have an input into some policy areas
Back to Top
- Principal & Deputy Principal…wealth of knowledge and understanding to their roles…highly visible throughout the school…open & collaborative approach
- Senior management…management structures are in a period of transition…strategies for its future development are needed
- Middle management…strong commitment…good balance is maintained between duties…roles are clearly defined
- Good systems of communications exist between senior management and staff
- Quality of staff-student relations contributes significantly to the disciplined learning environment in the school
- Student Council…two-way flow of information (suggestion box)…Nurturing of student involvement
- Mentoring Programme
- Annual parent-teaching meetings with all year groups including TY
- Active parents’ association
- Well developed links with the local community
Back to Top